oral sex and kissing

I made out (deep kissing) and received oral sex (for about 4 mins.) from a guy. I don't believe I had any sores/cuts in my mouth, nor do I think he did either. I did not give oral sex. Nor did I have any contact with his penis. There are no sores/cuts on my penis. He told me 2 days later he is HIV+, which was too late for PEP. I am worried about my risk of infection. I assume he is on meds for the HIV, so it's likely his viral load is lower than untreated.

Based on my situation and what I've researched...it seems my risk of infection is low. However, I am still worrying and bothered by this. Can you lend some reassurance? Do you know of anyone contracting HIV from just kissing/receiving oral with no sores or bleeding present? From what I've read, they're more theoretical risks than probable ones. Thank you.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in. Deep kissing is not a risk unless there is a lot of blood present. So unless you both got into a fist fight before hand, I would not be worried. As for receiving oral sex. The risk is about .5 in 10,000 and as you stated more a theoretical risks than a probable risk.

Bottom line: Don't worry, be happy!

In health, Richard

Slight Anal Penetration - HIV risk?
distressed and confused follow up.