The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HCV Exposure

Nov 3, 2011

I had a potential exposure to HCV during unprotected sex with a CSW (cunnilingus and I tasted iron). My most recent tests for HIV and HCV are as follows:

HIV1/2 Antigen via blood work at 9.5 weeks (CPT Code 86703) HIV, DNA, Quant at 9.5 weeks (CPT Code 87536) Antigen tests for HAV,HBV Core, HBV Surface, HCV at 16 weeks (CPT Codes 86708, 86704, 86706,80074) Assay of GGT at 16 weeks (CPT code 82977) Bilirubin, Direct at 16 weeks (CPT code 82248) Iron Binding Test at 16 weeks (CPT code 83550)

All test came back negative/normal according to doc but I have abdominal discomfort, white coating and swollen tongue, red dots on body and bubbly pee persistent cough 2+ months, and extreme itching. No evidence of jaundice.

Are my tests conclusive. The doc thinks I am ok but I am nearly certain that I have HCV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Thanks for writing in. I do not think there is any reason to be concerned. My reasoning is below...

The TEST: Your tests results indicate that no infection has taken place.

The RISK: Oral sex would not be considered a risk for Hep C. Sexual transmission of Hep C would be seen in unprotected anal sex w/ trauma i.e. severe tearing of the anal walls but not oral sex.

Bottom line - trust the test, trust your doctor, and there was no risk.

In Health, Richard

HIV Positive or not?
Penis to anal rubbing

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint