my fiancee has i dont, i need to know what to do

I recently met the most amazing woman, i love her very much. she is positive for hiv but has an extremely low viral load. i need to know what steps to take to lower my chances, i want to be there to take care of her when she needs me.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Thanks for writing in! Congrats on meeting this amazing women! It can be so hard to find someone that we truly connect with. Luckily for the two of you, her HIV status doesn't have to get in the way of your relationship.

My first suggestion is condoms. Tried and true, they remain one of the best ways to stop transmission of the virus. In addition to that, you might want to talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis). PEP is a month's worth of HIV medication, that if started within 72 hours, can help prevent the spread of HIV, should a condom break. Talk to your doctor, and find out if PEP is right for you.

In addition, I would suggest checking out our Magnetic Couples forum. This will be a great place to get more information on being in a relationship with an AMAZING women, who also happens to be positive.

I might suggest that you ask her to look at that forum with you. She'll appreciate the fact that you care, and it will open up the lines of communication between the two of you, that's a WIN WIN situation for sure!

I hope this helps.

In Health, Richard

risk from small drop of blood
popping zits with dirty finger nails