Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex Toys
Nov 2, 2011

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I recently visited a dominatrix, who proceeded to use a number of dildos, strap-ons, vibrators and inflating toys on me. Some I was made to suck on, while others were used to penetrate my anus. I remember that the first toys she used were covered by condoms, but then it became increasingly difficult for me to notice whether or not the other toys were covered. It is also possible that I tore on of the condoms with my teeth.

I am embarrassed to ask this, but does this pose a significant risk? Should I be worried? I understand that the virus would die after some minutes in the open air, but how long would this be? I was with the lady in question for at 15 mins before anything was used on me.

I would thank anyone for any help and guidance they could provide.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Thanks for writing in. First off, there is no reason to be embarrassed. It's very understandable that you are concerned about your risk in this situation. Luckily for you, I'd say that you have nothing to worry about.

You are correct in your statement about the virus dying, once it is outside the body. Even if there was HIV infected blood, semen, or vaginal secretions on some of the toys, it wold be unable to cause an infection in this situation.

Since the dominatrix was using condoms on some of the toys, it's likely that she was using them on all of them. However, if you plan on going back to her, it might be a good idea to have a chat with her about WHAT she does to keep the toys clean in-between clients. Oh, and be sure to have that conversation BEFORE the clothes come off!

I hope this helps.

In Health, Richard

Previous
Hi Richard Nice to meet you.
Next
Enough HIV Testing?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.