Worried Again :(

I'm Back! Jan 2011 i told you about a sex worker i was with july 13 2010. We had protected sex vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex both ways. July 26 2010 i went to my doctor for my annual check up and he told me my protein level were slightly elevated 8.9. I didnt think much of it until i googled high protein levels and was scared out of my mind. I read high protein levels could be a sign of HIV or Hepatitis C and that scared this SHIT out of me. My doctor told me to come back in a month and recheck my levles. He never suggested taking an HIV or hepatitis C test. After countless sleepless nights I decided to go get tested for HIV and HEP C on Aug 25 2010 and both test came back negative. I felt great for a few weeks until i started reading more things online. I went back to my doctor and my protein levels drop to 8.0 and he said they are normal. I was still worried about HIV because of all the things i was reading online about window periods and false negative. So i decided to get tested again Oct 13 2010 and that test also came back negative. Once again i felt better but was still worried about HIV so I got tested agian jan 26 2011 with a clearview rapid Hiv 1 and 2 and it came back negative. The last test was over 6 months after my time with the sex worker. I know you told me that my test results were conclusive and 3 months and at 6 months. I'm just starting to worry again because i feel like im getting really odd symptoms. I been getting canker sores since i've been a kid but lately they been appearing every other week and i am getting so frustrated and worried it can be HIV. Plus, I've had 4 sore throats since the beginning of the year and i have and ear infection now. Can this be related to HIV? Is it possible that my Rapid HIV test at 6 months was a false negative? Should i be concerned with my protein levels??? Is it possible I could have Hepatitis C from the unprotected oral sex with the sex worker? Please Doctor Help. I donated before and I am ready to Donate another $100.

Hi.

Welcome back to the forum. Sorry to hear you are still worrying about a nonexistent problem!

Your repeatedly negative HIV and hepatitis C tests out six months are definitive, conclusive and Dr. Bob-certified WOO-HOO-able.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. Can your symptoms be related to HIV? No, because you don't have HIV. It really is just that straightforward!

2. Is your six-month test a false-negative? Nope!

3. Should you be concerned about your protein levels? Probably not, and certainly not from an HIV perspective. However, you should follow up with your doctor as advised.

4. Is it possible you have hepatitis C? Nope. (You tested negative, remember?)

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND......................
Masturbation with zucchini risks? (SEX WITH FRUITS, VEGETABLES, AND OTHER INANIMATE OBJECTS, 2011)