Re: cop needs help!

Hi Dr. Bob, hope all is well with you. I recently contacted you about a bout of unprotected vaginal sex that I was involved with. The female was of unknown statuse. About five days later on July 25th, I tested positive for strep throat. I was prescribed antibiotic which began to clear the strep up. On July 29th my symptoms returned and the puss on my tonsils returned. I call the doctor on Aug. 3 and was prescribed a zpack antibiotic. This helped clear up the symptoms but the white puss returned. I went back to the doctor on the 15th of Aug. I tested negative for strep and mono. He told me that the lymph nodes where swollen on my neck and it was probably viral. He also told me that my white blood cell count was elevated. He proscribed my my third round of antibiotic for ten days. As of today I still have puss on my tonsils and a sore neck somedays due to swollen lymph nodes. It's been almost 8 weeks since the risky exposure and was wondering if any of this could be signs of HIV infection? I have read about tonsillitis in late stage HIV but nothing really about ars symptoms. I never have had any fever or rash and my throat has never hurt at all. Oh by the way how do I go about getting some of your good luck karma? I could really use it! Thanks

Hi.

Your recurrent or chronic tonsillitis is not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). I'd recommend you see an ENT (ear, nose, throat) specialist.

Dr. Bob-certified good-luck karma signed, sealed and sent!

Good luck. Be well.

Cop needs help! Aug 22, 2011

HIV Transmission from blood when undetectable??
Lap Dance with porn star