all classic symptoms of HIV and very confused. Have donated 3 times till now $300. Please help

I had sex with sex worker in india. protected with condom vaginal sex. But also unprotected oral sex. When i was giving oral sex i realized that the girl has some open wound/skin cut. the blood was dry. It was just above her vagina. Chances are that my upper lips might have touched that skin cut. NOt sure.

Till now I do not have any symptoms of anything but my wife started getting all the symptoms - fever, purple patch/rash on arm, fever, white dots/infection on throat. Reddish boils on tounge and lates sollown gland and vaginal yeast discharge. I have not done unprotected sex with my wife also since my incidence in dec 2010. I did put my finger in ur anus many times. I fear that my fingers could have my pre-cum on it and it went into her anus as i did put my finger hard.

I was very scared and I went to Rapid HIV test and thanks got my results came negative. It was exactly 6 months after my incidence. It was rapid test in NJ, USA using blood sample. I am worried about rapid tests also. WIll i have Hepatitis C which can give false negative.

With HIV negative results first I was relieved but my wife's symptoms are scariing me lot. I am 200% sure she has not done sex with no other than me.

What should I do?

I have decided to pay $100 every months to Robert James foundation. my last name is Sawant. Dr. Bob. please guide me as what should I do. I have 4 year old dauther. I am very scared that we might transfer our infection to her as sometime we get skin cuts and all.

Please respond and if u need additional info i can provide.

Hello.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is very low from the incident you describe. Protected vaginal sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Unprotected oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for HIV acquisition (even with the skin wound you described).

Your negative rapid HIV test out to six months is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I see no reason for concern about hepatitis C, but if you're worried about hepatitis C, you could get a simple blood test.

The chances you transmitted HIV to your wife are essentially nonexistent. I can't diagnose the cause of her symptoms over the Internet, but what I can do is advise that you did not transmit HIV to her as the cause of her symptoms. No way. No how! I'd recommend she see her general medical doctor for an evaluation, if her symptoms are persistent or uncomfortable. There are many potential causes for her symptoms and treatment is readily available.

Some of your fears may be exacerbated by guilt resulting from your extramarital encounter with the sex worker in India. Leveling with your wife is not only the best way to confront that guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Finally, if for whatever reason you are still questioning the validity of your negative HIV-antibody test, you could consider getting an APTIMA HIV-1 RNA qualitative assay. This is a nucleic acid test (NAT) that assays for a piece of the virus's genetic material. Consequently it does not relay on anti-HIV antibodies. This is the only FDA-approved HIV diagnostic NAT test so far. I'm confident that the result would be undetectable (negative). The only reason to even consider this test would be to gain psychological peace of mind. I remain absolutely confident that you have dodged the HIV bullet and are indeed HIV negative.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and very warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

I'm here in case you need me, okay?

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

YOU ARE THE MAN
Blood test positive, mouth swab negative