HIV from deep penetrative sex

Hello Dr. Bob,

Thank you for the Q&A on HIV on this site. I found your struggle to be intensely moving and I hope you will long and be well.

I had vaginal protected sex with a bar girl last week in Bangkok (another story from cock banging in Bangkok!). The woman was on top and riding me and my penis was deep within her. When she got up I found that the condom had slipped maybe half an inch from the base and there was vaginal fluid in the area not covered by the condom. As far as I can remember, there were no cuts or wounds on that area. I removed the condom, wiped the area off and put another condom and changed positions so that I could be seeing the base of the condom for slippage.

I have read from forums that such exposure carries minimum risk. However, does the woman on top position with her grinding carry additional risk for HIV infection? Women seem to prefer the position as it gives them more control on the angle and depth of penetration. I usually let them do it but am beginning to wonder if it is a position to be avoided?

Thanks for your time.

SKI

Hello, SKI.

More cock-banging in Bangkok; doesn't anyone go to Thailand to see the elephants or enjoy great Thai cuisine anymore???

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. HIV cannot permeate intact latex or intact skin. If the business end of your tallywhacker remained ensheathed in his latex raincoat, you should be fine. If you're worried, get a single HIV-antibody test outside the seroconversion window. If this has been your only HIV risk I have no doubt your HIV test will be negative,.

Be well. Stay well.

HIV TEST
Can you get infected with HIV while being tested?