Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV from deep penetrative sex
Sep 11, 2011

Hello Dr. Bob,

Thank you for the Q&A on HIV on this site. I found your struggle to be intensely moving and I hope you will long and be well.

I had vaginal protected sex with a bar girl last week in Bangkok (another story from cock banging in Bangkok!). The woman was on top and riding me and my penis was deep within her. When she got up I found that the condom had slipped maybe half an inch from the base and there was vaginal fluid in the area not covered by the condom. As far as I can remember, there were no cuts or wounds on that area. I removed the condom, wiped the area off and put another condom and changed positions so that I could be seeing the base of the condom for slippage.

I have read from forums that such exposure carries minimum risk. However, does the woman on top position with her grinding carry additional risk for HIV infection? Women seem to prefer the position as it gives them more control on the angle and depth of penetration. I usually let them do it but am beginning to wonder if it is a position to be avoided?

Thanks for your time.

SKI

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello, SKI.

More cock-banging in Bangkok; doesn't anyone go to Thailand to see the elephants or enjoy great Thai cuisine anymore???

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. HIV cannot permeate intact latex or intact skin. If the business end of your tallywhacker remained ensheathed in his latex raincoat, you should be fine. If you're worried, get a single HIV-antibody test outside the seroconversion window. If this has been your only HIV risk I have no doubt your HIV test will be negative,.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV TEST
Next
Can you get infected with HIV while being tested?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.