Follow-up To Anal Warts Question

I've read many questions to you and others about whether an HIV poz person can give themselves HIV. That question always made me laugh, because the answer is so obvious. I never knew what that meant--whether they thought you could give yourself another strain or increased viral load.

Transmission of genital warts isn't talked about as much. I know they can be transmitted from one person to another by skin to skin contact. Ok, don't laugh. I was wondering whether someone with warts could spread them to other parts of their body? If you examine an anal wart with your finger attempting to see whether it has gotten bigger, is it possible to spread it inside the anus, for example, by then feeling around the inside wall of the anus to see if you have internal warts after touching the one on the outside of the anus? Or, if you then touch your penis after checking out the anal wart?

I know it may sound like another silly question, but there isn't a lot of information to be found on whether this is possible. I mean, there are other things that you can spread to another part of the body--such as eye infections, spreading from one eye to the other. When you transmit genital warts to someone else, are you actually spreading the warts or just the HPV virus and it will depend on that person's body whether they will eventually get warts? If you are spreading the warts, then it would seem like you could spread it around your own body??

Thanks for all your work answering our questions!

Hello.

Some HPV warts are rather "site specific," but yes, if you, for instance, scratch a genital wart on your dick and immediately stick your finger up your butt, you could transmit the wart to a new location. So, don't do that! Okay? And if you have genital warts get them treated!

vaginal secretions in water
Had unprotected sex once with an HIV+ woman