On hiv medication but HIV negative

Hi Bob,

Please answer my question.

I was wrongy treated for an infection I do not have. (because of false positive result)

I have great difficulties to let go of thinking that I might have HIV due to low CD4, enlarged spleen etc.

When can I be close to 100% sure that I do not have hiv?

I have read everything from 3 months after last medication to 12 months after risk?

What is your advice? (PCR test for HIV 1 is negative, but I do not rely on PCRs anymore..)

You are great!

Hello.

It is difficult to specifically address your question based on the limited information provided. How long were you on antiretrovirals? Which antiretrovirals did you take? How low was your CD4? What is the case of your enlarged spleen? Etc. I would suggest you consult a local HIV physician specialist. He will completely review your cause, including all laboratory studies. He will also be able to advise you exactly what needs to be done, if anything, to confirm your definitive HIV-negative status. Diagnosing HIV disease is really not rocket science, if the appropriate diagnostic tests are obtained and properly interpreted.

Different kind of horror caused by the Civil War!
Question about bed bugs and hiv (BEDBUGS, 2011)