Fatigue Versus Sleepiness

Hi Doc,

Is there a difference between fatigue and feeling sleepy? After a high risk exposure, I can't stay awake past 9 PM and also feel very sleepy during the day. Is this possible to be HIV related fatigue?

So you're basically wondering about the difference between tiredness and exhaustion. Well, there is an old proverb that states: "Man who runs in front of car gets TIRED while man who runs behind car gets EXHAUSTED." Somehow I doubt Confucius said that.

If you've had a high-risk exposure, you need an HIV-antibody test outside the seroconversion window period, whether you're tired, exhausted, sleepy or as peppy as a Starbucks barista!

L Carnitine and Atripla
Snorting cocaine and Hep c risk