Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Different kind of horror caused by the Civil War!
Sep 9, 2011

Hello, Dr. Bob!

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Myself, like so many on this forum, need reassurance and peace of mind!

Long story short, I was at a Civil War re-enactment in a nice place. Nice encampment, the people looked great in perios costumes (1860;s style of dress) and it was a really fun time. Until I went with the re-enactors and cut through woods to get to a parking lot. Again, nice place! And I wasn't alone, groups of people were cutting through a nice path to get to their cars.

Anyway, that's when I looked down and saw the syringe and needle. Broken and bent, but still there and not looking like it wanted to jump up and shake hands. Anyway, I stopped short in front of it. I was shocked to see it in a nice place..and disheartened.

But then I suddenly couldn't move. Frozen. One of the guys kicked it away. Then, I stated to panic about every scratch on my body. Could this have poked me and I wouldn't have known? What would a stick look like? Or a scratch, even? Could more needles have been there anywhere? I even thought it'd get me as high as my calves or anywhere on me! I do have scratches and marks all over me as well, making this worse.

I know it would have likely have stuck in my boot sole as well, hense explaining the mark on my toe, but darn!!

Dr, I swear, I never had OCD. Until now. I never thought I'd see anyhting like that in my life. Until now. It's all so surreal! My friend even went back to scour the area to see if anyhting else was there, to give me peace of mind. There wasn't anything else laying there.

Dr., why do people that aren't even human have to leave things like that behind? They're sub-human. Animals. I hope that they're the ones that get what they deserve. I don't want to be hurt because some careless asshole is less than an amoeba.

I missed any chance of PEP because of Labor Day (clinics not open) and people were looking at my scratehes and telling me not to worry, (so I reluctantly didn't go to an ER) and by the time I do get to my doc, it'd heal anyway.

I don't think it, or any needle got me. I don't know if it did. Please, please answer! If nothing else, just to tell me just tell me I suddenly turned crazy.

Thank you so very much, Dr.!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello.

You write: ". . . I never had OCD. . . ." Well, you do now!

You also write: ". . . Just tell me I suddenly turned crazy." Okay. You suddenly turned crazy. Yep, you've become a completely loony tunes fluffernutter. Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. I'd suggest you consult a licensed mental health professional to help you with your fluffernuttiness.

Dr. Bob

Previous
follow up 35 weeks pregnant
Next
On hiv medication but HIV negative

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.