Pregnancy Pep Follow Up- Need testing?

Hi Dr. Bob,

It's me again. Sorry :(. I am the one who asked about the safety of vacutainer holders being reused. So the lab assured me that there is 'virtually' no risk and they threw out the reusable ones after I called and moved to single use. Gee, love how my phone call pushes them to do that!!

Do I need a HIV test because of this? I had a negative result come back with my pregnancy bloodwork that was taken at this lab. I'm pregnant so just a bit nuts and paranoid. Thanks again for your help.

Hi.

There is no medical need for repeat HIV testing. However, if you're "a bit nuts and paranoid" and just can't put these unwarranted worries permanently to rest, then repeating your HIV test is always an option. Just realize that the result will undoubtedly be negative, and that the only reason to even consider getting a repeat test would be to gain psychological peace of mind.

You're welcome!

Pregnant- PEP? Re-use confirmed

You are Wonderful man, now let's get down to bussiness
follow up 35 weeks pregnant