did being a virgin count against

Hi dr. I really hope ul respond. 6 december 2010 I had my first hiv rapid test at the clinic, it was negative since I was still a virgin just being silly. 12 december 2010 lost my virginity to my boyfriend at the time, slept with him one time, used a condom. Found out he was married a week later and we broke up. February I had a new boyfriend. March 25 we had sex, the condom broke, fell pregnant, terminated at 5 and a half weeks. Three weeks later (may 12 2011) I got tested, the rapid test was reactive, my boyfriend got tested the next day, his came out negative. I went to the dr she took some blood a week after that.only got my results on yesterday (september 5 2011) as my dr was away. They said reactive, at the bottom it read these results should be regarded as a screening test and the western blot is recommended for confirmation. My dr said nothing about the western blot, he took more blood said he will do CD4 count tests. So I'm thinking if I'm indeed positive, I contracted the HIV from my married boyfriend at the time, who I lost my virginity to, the condom must have broke. I bled when I lost my virginity, does that make me more vulnerable, maybe the HIV had an entry point? Is thinking its a false positive, false hope? I also noticed a bump on the right side of my neck early this year maybe (february). Penny for your thoughts Dr Bob? :(

Hello.

Wow, you've been really unlucky. Your first boyfriend turns out to be married. The condom broke with your second boyfriend, and you became pregnant. And now you have a reactive rapid HIV test, and your doctor is ordering the wrong tests!

Okay, here's the scoop. A reactive rapid test is only a preliminary result, as was stated on the test result sheet. You need a follow-up HIV-antibody test (ELISA) and confirmatory Western Blot test, if the ELISA is positive. It's important to note the pregnancy (or past pregnancy) can result in the formation of nonspecific cross-reacting antibodies, which can cause false-positive or indeterminate HIV-antibody test results. There really is no indication for ordering a CD4 count at this time, as you have not been diagnosed HIV positive! In fact, there is an excellent chance you are HIV negative. Appropriate follow-up testing should sort this out for you very quickly.

Initial ICMA positive with Indeterminate Western Blot followed by a non-detectable HIV-1 RNA PCR test
Did my allergy shots affected the HIV test result?