Still having crazy symptoms

Hey Dr. Bob, First I want to start off by thanking you for everything. I wrote to you about 7 months back and received some advice about two unprotected exposures with girls during my time at college and i had many symptoms. Your advice calmed me and my doctor tested me during a physical last January and I tested negative. I donated twice to your fund and I appreciate what you do here on this site This test was a year post my last exposure. Ever since then i have had looser stools than normal and even now i still have loose stools My vision feels blurry also maybe because of the stress.I also have had some white coating on the back of my tongue which worries me, and I had confirmed swollen lymph nodes in my neck during a recent doctors appointment. These were confirmed because i had an ultrasound done on my thyroid gland because the blood work was showing some issues with it and they discovered my lymph nodes were swollen. I had began to accept my negative status but now it's all come back to me and I am a worried well again. I read that the lymph nodes are a telling sign of HIV infection and that people with HIV experience thyroid problems. I am very nervous and I can't stop second guessing my test. One final thought before my question is, I heard my doctor talking with another doctor outside the room before he entered and the other doctor asked my doctor if he tested me for HIV and he said yes and it was negative and she asked him if he tested me a second time and he said not yet. This worried me right up and sorry if that was a little confusing haha. My question is could there have been an error in the test that was administered back then and could this be a false negative and these are symptoms of HIV? Also was this one single test a year post conclusive? I can't stop thinking that this test was a mix up or something bad. I am back where I began Dr. Bob.

Hi.

Welcome back to the forum. Sorry you are still having fears about an illness you don't have!

I would agree you are "worried well again." In other words again you are worried and again you are well.

I would consider your negative HIV test at one year to be definitive and conclusive. The chances of a laboratory error or technical/clerical error are extremely remote. However, if my reassurance isn't enough for you to shake your unwarranted fears, get a second HIV test to gain psychological peace of mind. I have no doubt the results will again be negative.

Finally, mention to your doctor you heard his discussion outside your door and it scared the bejesus out of you. He should be more careful about hallway conversations.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending additional good-luck karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

I desperately need your advice Dr Bob...
Initial ICMA positive with Indeterminate Western Blot followed by a non-detectable HIV-1 RNA PCR test