Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Simple test question - Follow up...
Sep 7, 2011

Hi Dr, hopr you are well. I could not find a way to reply to my your answer about my ten hiv duo tests upto day 95 so I have started on a new thread. (Sorry...)

Your goodself (like so so many others) have told me my tests (excessive I know...) are more than conclusive.

My exposure was unprotected sex with an ex whilst on a "break" with my girlfriend.

I checked with the ex beofre continuing an unprotected sexual relationship with my girlfrind (who I had the break with) & she tole me she had had two partners - both protected in the time we had been apart.

In a nut shell, my ex had flu type symptoms within a few weeks of sleeping with the guys in question (I am 99% sure she is telling the truth about it being protected sex), sore throat, glands, temperature etc all went in about three days.

I have been so worried through this as I develped a toungle ulcer within a week of sleeping with her, also a sore throat. I have had raised taste buds on my tonge for around 13 weeks on and off although they could have been that way forever, - I have obsessed with looking at it I am afraid.

My girlfriend has had two mouth ulcers, a couple of minor sore throats & has had a bit of a stiff neck that comes and goes, random headaches and tummy aches but that is quite normal for the fairer of the species to be fair.

I met up with the ex and confimred again that she did indeed have "protected sex" so I am probably worrying way way too much as the symptoms are non specific, - mine especially being 15 weeks after the enocunters (two short sessions of sex in two days)

I have had ten duo tests from day 24 - 95 and also 5 Point Of Car insti tests too, - three clincs have "dicharged me" & many many HIV dotors I have spoken too have said "move on, you are fine".

I have tested to the extreme, worried myself out of my sanity & done verything possible to ensure I do not have HIV nor could have passed it on, - can I please have your thoughts??? Right now I have some under arm pain and this "tickly thorat, not painful just noticiable" is still here after 11 weeks.

I have used Hydrocortisone creams for 25 years & have been assured that these would not affect the IV Antibody test let alone the Antigen test.

95 Days, 15 tests (10 blood 5 poc), - can I now move on regardles of sympptoms?

Thank you in advance Dr, - your help is truly truly appreciated.

With Best Regards

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello.

A "toungle ulcer"? What the hell is that?

My assessment hasn't changed with the additional information provided: You are definitively HIV negative.

If you can't accept the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence of your HIV-negative status, I suggest you consult a licensed mental health professional to help you confront and conquer your totally irrational HIV fears.

Dr. Bob

Simple Test Question Sep 2, 2011

Previous
i know drinking and smoking weed doesnot effect hiv test . i just want to know do smoking(cigratte) tobacco afftect hiv blood test
Next
Occupational Exposure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.