Desperately need your help, please.

Dear Dr. Bob, I have had a terrible anxiety and stress since my last sexual exposure. I can not work at all and whatever I do is only surfing network about HIV infection. 7 weeks ago, while I was visiting germany and I was drunk. I had a sexual exposure with a prostitute there. During all the sexual exposure she had her pants but topless. She gave me a protected oral sex and then a hand job which lasted for about twenty minutes. 2 weeks after that sexual exposure, I started to have ARS like symptoms. I had unusual Acne pimples all over my body, mouth ulcer, felling chilly and fatigue, swollen tonsil ( only the right one), knee pain and muscle pain. All the symptoms has subsided except swollen tonsil and mouth ulcers. I visited a physician and by sampling he found that the cause of swollen tonsil is not due to bacteria.I am extremely worried about possibility of HIV infection. Another thing is that I have dry skin in my anus sometimes. Is there any possibility of catching HIV virus from the contact of my anus and the bed I was ling on ( if the bed has some semen or blood or ...). I tested for HIV 6 weeks after the exposure which came to be negative. It was a HIV (Ag + Ab) test. Could you please assess my risks and give some advice what to do next. I will donate to your foundation ASAP. I desperately need your expert advice.

Hello.

I absolutely agree: You have "terrible anxiety and stress since (your) last sexual exposure." What you don't have is HIV!

Protected oral sex and masturbation is not a risk for HIV transmission. Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). Your six-week negative HIV-antibody and p24 antigen test is extremely encouraging, but not yet conclusive. I would recommend you seek consultation with a licensed mental health professional to help you confront and cope with your irrational fears about HIV. You may well benefit from cognitive behavioral therapy (counseling) and anti-anxiety medication. I would also recommend you get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark primarily to gain psychological peace of mind. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Multiple low risks but very clear acute HIV symptoms
RE: PLEASE HELP -Question for the second time, no reply first time.