Raped am I HIV positive

Dear dr bob I was raped I had bodyaches and a sore throat and a canker sore and felt tired two months after I lost my periods and I'm only 24 and very scared I've tested neg for sixteen months can I still be positive. I quit both of my jobs I'm a mess my family is a mess please take the time to respond. I would greatly appreciate it

Hello.

I'm sorry to learn about your assault. I hope the perpetrator has been apprehended and is now behind bars. Rape can and often does cause as much psychological harm as physical damage. Your negative HIV-antibody tests out to 16 months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. However, it appears you still do have a significant problem that requires attention. The psychological trauma resulting from the assault remains an ongoing problem for you ("I quit both of my jobs. I'm a mess, my family is a mess. . . ."). I would suggest you consult a licensed mental health professional knowledgable in this area to help you confront this problem.

hiv outside of body
Multiple low risks but very clear acute HIV symptoms