Is My patner at risk

Hi Doc,

I have done a stupid mistake of my life.

12 days back i visited a prostitute and during vaginal intercourse my condom tore off. I got panicked and called my doctor friend who advised me to get in touch with a specialist doctor to start a PEP treatment. He told me that through PEP treatment the changes of getting infected is very very negligble. and i was relaxed a bit.

But after three hours of exposure i had sex with my Girl friend with condom as she want to have sex, is she at any risk of getting infected. i read many articles that the virus dies away in minutes outside the body but i am wondering if the prostitute i visited is HIV positive is there any chance that the virus is alive on my testicals or other area of the skin and enter my girl friends vagina.

I could never forgive myself for putting at her risk, though lot of articles suggest that virus cannot live that long outside body, i want to ask some expert if at all this is true

i am on PEP treatment from the following day.

Regards, Ravi

Hello, Ravi.

You're wondering if HIV is "alive on (your) testicles or other area of the skin and enter (your) girlfriend's vagina"??? Your testicles actually enter your girlfriend's vagina??? OUCHAMAGOUCHA!

Relax Max! Your girlfriend's HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming you used a latex condom properly and it didn't fail (break). You are correct: HIV does not survive very long at all outside the body (or on your low hangers).

Good luck. Be well.

percentage of transmitting HIV infected blood thru a cut on hands
hiv outside of body