Am I negative??
Sep 3, 2011
Hello doctor...At the seven month and fifteen days,I have a negative elisa meia test after a low risk exposure with a few blood in my finger...this result is totally reliable?? i consumed pep for 28 days...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! (I'm from Argentina,sorry mi handrighting).
Response from Dr. Frascino
First I should mention that PEP would not be warranted for a low-risk exposure.
The post-PEP testing guidelines recommend follow-up HIV-antibody tests at four-to-six weeks, three months and six months from the date of exposure. Your negative ELISA at 7.5 months is definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.
WOO-HOO! Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Difference In Hiv Risk Between Kiss And Insertive Oral Sex
- Does Blood Plasma Transmit HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.