|positive moms mixed feeding babies
Sep 2, 2011
I would like to know the latest news of mixed feeding, that is breastfeeding and formulas for HIV mothers? Is it safe to mixfeed your baby?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
The World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines advise HIV-positive mothers can safely breastfeed their babies for up to 12 months, provided both mother and baby receive antiretroviral therapy for up to one year. Immunologically speaking, six to twelve months of breastfeeding is sufficient to provide the infant with the passive immunity he or she needs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Breast Feeding With HIV Effects On Baby
- HIV Transmission Sensual Massage
- Licking Vagina How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Odds Of Getting HIV Topping Without Condom
- Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Swallowing Sperm How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.