This is life and death, please read
Aug 31, 2011
Doctor I am sending this post as I have ran out of any other options as I know it. The upper right abdominal pains are getting much worse, constant now along with low grade fevers, I get a headache and sore throat everyday and for sure if I do any physical exurtion at all. My hands go numb almost everynight. I feel like I am in a complete nightmare. My doctor doesn't even hear me anymore. I am sure the "flu" I had at 16 weeks after my risk was ARS. I had never been that ill in my entire life. Every piece of my body hurt, 103 degree fever, sore throat, headaches. My liver enzymes were elevated for over 8 months. Now they have gone back to normal but the pain there has gotten worse. I have tested negative for HIV and Hep C over 12 months but I am certain that I am suffering from dual concurrent infections of both viruses. I don't know what to do or what to believe anymore. I really , really need your help. I can not see any way possible that this is not HIV Hep C related. There seems to be a lack of knowledge out there in this regard. 1. What if anything can I do? 2. Can I do anything to rule out HIV ? 3. In your opinion do you still believe I am HIV negative?
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. If your "doctor doesn't even hear (you) anymore," get a second opinion from another physician with whom you can work more closely.
2. You already have ruled out HIV. Your negative HIV-antibody tests out to 12 months are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.
3. Yes, absolutely. Regarding your ARS symptoms at 16 weeks, it's important to note that HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) symptoms generally manifest at two to three weeks after infection, not four months later! Even though you are "certain (you) are suffering from dual concurrent infections with both (HIV and hepatitis C) viruses," I am certainly not certain! In fact there is now overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that is not the case. Your negative HIV and hepatitis C tests out to 12 months are conclusive.
My assessment and advice remain unchanged.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Purple Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.