Pregnant- PEP? Re-use confirmed

Hi Dr. Bob,

I called the lab and they told me they do reuse needle holders at this lab. I'm sickened by this. I am pregnant. Do you suggest PEP? I emailed you earlier today about this, this is the follow up. I'm freaking out!!

Thank you for taking my question.

Hello.

It's perfectly safe to reuse certain types of plastic needle holders, as there would be no risk for transmission of blood-borne pathogens, such as HIV or hepatitis. Talk to the physician in charge of the laboratory if you remain worried. "Universal precautions" to prevent the transmission of blood-borne pathogens will no doubt be in place.

PEP is definitely not warranted.

I am positive but wife is negative
How possible to get Parkinson and Schizophrenia with AIDS