I am scared (PREGNANCY AND INDETERMINATE HIV TEST, 2011)

I am 35 weeks pregnant, I have only had one partner which I have been with for 3 years. I had a positive Elisa and an inditerminate WB, I went to get another blood test because my Nurse preactioner believes is a mistake. I was tested before at the beginning of my pregnancy and everything was fine, i have to wait 4 days for the results(and I feel like I am going to go crazy), neither my husband or I have been exposed to drugs or anything of the sort... do you think it is a false positive? My nurse is still going to have me go to an infectious disease dr. even if negative to see what could have caused the false positive.

Hi.

You have a "nurse preactioner"? Okay, if you say so.

If you've had no HIV-risk exposure, there is no way you could be HIV infected.

Positive ELISA and indeterminate Western Blot tests are fairly common in women who are pregnant (or have been pregnant). See link below and also review the information in the chapter devoted to pregnancy issues in the archives of this forum.

I'm quite confident you are HIV negative. Consulting an infectious disease specialist isn't necessary.

reactive P24 in indeterminate western blot (PREGNANCY AND INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT RESULT, 2011) Apr 21, 2011

Indeterminate result HIV test 13 weeks pregnant (PREGNANCY AND INDETERMINATE HIV TEST, 2011) Mar 8, 2011

Lab Testing and Starting of Treatment
TERRIFIED MY LIFE IS OVER!!!! PLEEZE HELP