Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Went To Strip Club with a little finger cut - very panic
Aug 28, 2011

Hello Doctor,

I am sure this is priceless service that you are doing and really appreciate that...

My question might sound silly but i request you to kindly take some time and answer it..

There is a little cut, next to my right hand thumb. actually it is a cut sort of thing that is formed, because of the extra\hard skin that got knocked off. I went to a strip club, the following things hapenned at the strip club: I touched the boobs of the gal She did hold my hand(which means my thumb also) for balance while dancing I hugged her for couple of times, which means my hand and thumb touched her dress

I am 100 percent sue that, I did not do any thing more than this. I did NOT touch any other private parts also. my worry now is:

While the stripper performing dance for some other person before me, she might have got seimen\or other fluids attached\touched her dress \ hands \ her body. And when I was touching her, my right hand thumb might have got contact with some of the fluids and got infected.

I am 100 % sure, it was not bleeding during the time of incident. After coming home, i pulled the skin while washing my hand and it started bleeding. Also, I dont remember whether it was a fresh cut or not during the time of incident. However, I am sure that cut(skin knock off) did not happen with in 4 hours of the incident. Actually, while washing my hands etc, i feel little burning sensation, hence i am thinking that it can not be considered as an intact skin.

Doctor, I am really sorry, If i am sounding silly, this doubt or fear is really worrying me like any thing and i am really in bad condition with these worries. Could you please let me know if there is any possibility of getting infected in my scenario by considering the worst case scenario.

Please doctor, your early response is very very valuable to me.

I already donated once, but now in return i will definitely do a small donation once again.

As I dont want to use my credit card for donation, (as the receit will be sent), I ordered a cheque book for one of the main purpose of donation only...

Thanking you in advance

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

Your HIV-acquisition risk from your activities with the Shimmying Sheila at your local Badda Bing is completely nonexistent. If HIV were transmitted that easily, it would have wiped out the planet long ago.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated.

Stop worrying, okay?

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV window period statistics
Next
Discordant testing advice between two The Body experts over French kissing and HIV -- A sinking ship, yet the band plays on!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.