HIV window period statistics
Aug 28, 2011
Hi Dr Bob,
I know you get asking some of this redundantly... but I havent been able to find any clear statistics on my own.
1. I read a statistic that said that 53.77 % of People produce detectable antibodies at 2 weeks, and 84% at 3 weeks post exposure. Is this a reasonable statistic to you 2. Are the window periods that people cite for antibody tests applicable to to the Oraquick rapid test too.
Thanks so much for all that you do. And sorry if the above 2 are repetitive, i just haven't seen anything clear about it
Response from Dr. Frascino
These types of questions do come up frequently. Check out my most recent blog, "HIV Guidelines: Some Evolve; Some Don't. What's Up With That?" If you have questions after reading the blog, write back, okay?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The End Result Of Hiv If Left Untreated?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv Or Std From Prostitute With A Condom
- What Types Of Cells Does Hiv Infect And What Kinds Does It Destroy?
- Can Thrush And Yeast Be Treated At Same Time?
- Hiv Western Blot Test How Long Does It Take For Results
- Can You Get Hiv From Toilets?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.