re: hiv from sex toy

Dear Dr. Frascino, Thank you for responding to my letter. I was not able to read it till today because of computer problems,but something happened between then and now which I needed to ask you about. I saw a doctor because of slow growing white patches in my mouth (inside of both cheeks).He asked me if I smoked(no),chewed the sides of my mouth(no). He said it was leukoplakia. He the said the only other thing that would cause this would be an hiv infection and he ordered a blood test.(I declined the test because I prefer to do an oral/anonymous test and because of your 3 month recommendation window).Is leukoplakia an hiv indicator and would it warrant early testing? Thank you.

Hi.

Leukoplakia can be seen in HIV disease. However, it would be extremely unlikely as the only symptom of an HIV infection. Leukoplakia can be seen in diseases other than HIV. Isolated leukoplakia would not warrant early HIV testing.

hiv from sex toy Aug 20, 2011

STUDIES ON ORAL SEX...Your thoughts???? (TRANSMISSION VIA ORAL SEX, 2011)
help this is a serious question