PREGNANCY & UNDETECTABLE VIRAL LOAD

Hi, I am planning on getting pregnant, I am currently on nevaripine & truvada, waht are the implications.My viral load is currently undetectable & my cd4 in above 600. I also need to know what are the implications of stopping taking the medication. tHANKS

Hello.

You will need to work closely with your HIV physician specialist and an HIV-knowledgable obstetrician. I would advise against going off your antiretrovirals! Stopping your treatment would increase the risk of transmitting the virus to your infant. See link below for recent information about pregnancy and HIV disease. Also, review the information in the archives of this forum where you'll find an entire chapter devoted to pregnancy issues.

we want children! how safe is sperm washing? (HIV AND PREGNANCY, 2011) Jul 7, 2011

RE: RE: Oral sex, Ejaculate in Mouth, PEP
Relationship for long