Does a less healthier person, more prone to get HIV?
Aug 25, 2011
Doctor, I know that you are a wonerful person, giving peace and guidance to a whole bunch of people. I have few questions.
I heard that, the chance of getting infected with HIV virus, from a needle/syringe prick with HIV + blood, is .3 to .8 percentage.
1. Is the above said correct?
2. Does this percentage have a connection with the health of the person?
3. I mean , Does a more healthier person, less prone to get infected with HIV this way?
4. Also , does a less healthier person, more prone to get infected with HIV this way?
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Yes, but there are many variables involved in whether HIV is actually transmitted.
HIV doesn't really care if you're healthy or not. I was extremely healthy when the virus found me. I seroconverted following an occupational needle stick and laceration in January 1991.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Painful Ejaculation Mean I Have Hiv?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Blood In Semen After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.