Was worried for a while, passed the 3 month test, now what? (VOMIT, 2011)
Aug 25, 2011
Hello! First I would like to thank you for running this great site. It is a wonderful resource and place of support.
I asked questions on here about 3 and 4 months ago about two incidents while bar tending that led to me fear I had contracted HIV.
1. I poked myself on a lapel pin a precarious customer slammed on a bar table in a fit of rage for being asked to leave the bar. This was 4 months before my recent HIV test. (not rapid, they drew my blood and took 3 days to return results)
2. A bar customer was over served and came to my bar near the end of the evening and unfortunately vomited on on my bar as well as another patron. Simultaneously I cut my finger on broken glass and feared I may have either touched the rag used to clean up the vomit with the cut finger or someway it got into the cut. This happened somewhere between 92 and 100 days before my recent HIV blood test.
I realize it is quite illogical to think either of these situations were a potential risk and I have some extreme anxiety issues to deal with maybe even unfortunately some OCD like fear of contamination symptoms, truly I think this was a lesson in patience.
My hope is that This will be my last time addressing these issues here on the forum.
Would you say my Negative result on my recent HIV test is certifiably Woohoo-able from both incidents?
I'm ready for more productive thoughts. I am a Project Manager for a creative company now, own another small start up creative company, just relocated cities and am getting married this year.
Life is busy and stressful, but I want to enjoy it and move past this.
Thank you so much for your support and advice, I hope my donation has helped you continue your efforts.
Best, An over-worried, ready to move on, grateful young lady
Once again, thank you so much for
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello, Overly-Worried, Ready-to-Move-On, Grateful Young Lady.
Your negative HIV-antibody test is indeed definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-able for both incidents. I agree neither incident was a real risk for HIV acquisition! See link below regarding vomitus!
Be well. Stay well. WOO-HOO!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Colloidal Silver Treat Neuropathy?
- Can Hepatitis C Cause Nausea?
- When To Expect Primary Hiv Symptoms?
- Why Do I Have Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Is The Percentage For Positive Herpes Simplex Type 1?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.