Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Was worried for a while, passed the 3 month test, now what? (VOMIT, 2011)
Aug 25, 2011

Hello! First I would like to thank you for running this great site. It is a wonderful resource and place of support.

I asked questions on here about 3 and 4 months ago about two incidents while bar tending that led to me fear I had contracted HIV.

1. I poked myself on a lapel pin a precarious customer slammed on a bar table in a fit of rage for being asked to leave the bar. This was 4 months before my recent HIV test. (not rapid, they drew my blood and took 3 days to return results)

2. A bar customer was over served and came to my bar near the end of the evening and unfortunately vomited on on my bar as well as another patron. Simultaneously I cut my finger on broken glass and feared I may have either touched the rag used to clean up the vomit with the cut finger or someway it got into the cut. This happened somewhere between 92 and 100 days before my recent HIV blood test.

I realize it is quite illogical to think either of these situations were a potential risk and I have some extreme anxiety issues to deal with maybe even unfortunately some OCD like fear of contamination symptoms, truly I think this was a lesson in patience.

My hope is that This will be my last time addressing these issues here on the forum.

Would you say my Negative result on my recent HIV test is certifiably Woohoo-able from both incidents?

I'm ready for more productive thoughts. I am a Project Manager for a creative company now, own another small start up creative company, just relocated cities and am getting married this year.

Life is busy and stressful, but I want to enjoy it and move past this.

Thank you so much for your support and advice, I hope my donation has helped you continue your efforts.

Best, An over-worried, ready to move on, grateful young lady

Once again, thank you so much for

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello, Overly-Worried, Ready-to-Move-On, Grateful Young Lady.

Your negative HIV-antibody test is indeed definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-able for both incidents. I agree neither incident was a real risk for HIV acquisition! See link below regarding vomitus!

Be well. Stay well. WOO-HOO!

Dr. Bob

Vomit During Oral Oct 4, 2010

Vomit transmission May 21, 2008

Previous
re re: doing things properly
Next
Does a less healthier person, more prone to get HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.