|Weird fingernail question
Aug 25, 2011
Dear Dr. Bob,
Coming straight to the point, is it possible to acquire HIV if you get a cut on your skin by the fingernail piece of a jackass guy (who cuts his fingernails and leaves them on the floor without cleaning them up)? Worst case scenario that the guys is HIV positive.
God bless you for the wonderful work that you are doing.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hey There, Mr. OCD.
Even if Jackass-Guy is positively charged and his fingernails are still attached to him and you manage to get scratched or cut by his nails, your HIV risk would be nonexistent; unless of course you were having unsafe sex with him at the time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Warts With Gonorrhea?
- I Have Vaginal Irritation And Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.