too careful, too paranoid or too early to celebrate?

Hello! Before I go any further I would like to mention that I am aware that there are other, somewhat similar questions to this one on the HIV prevention forum; however I still feel compelled to submit this question because I am terribly paranoid but also because I am extremely thankful that this site exists and would like to let you know! Before I decided to get tested I was very depressed, extremely paranoid and unhappy. I felt like getting tested was like trying to disarm a nuclear weapon, I might feel great if I succeeded but if I didn't, the world come to an end. It was through finding this website, reading posts in here that I realized that my life would not be over, that there is nothing that the human mind and spirit cannot overcome. That there would be hope. It made me realize that the true value of a person has nothing to do with whether they have a vicious little virus or not. This site (specially the many hilarious questions that were followed by even more hilarious answers) really cheered me up and made me see that what I needed to do was dismiss my fears and go get tested. So I did, I made an appointment and thank goodness it came back negative! I felt so happy, free and lucky. I fear, however, that I forgot to mention something to the counsellor at the sex clinic. I got a rapid test on August 5th 2011, the last time I had unprotected sex with my ex was in November 2010, however we engaged in mutual masturbation on July 14th 2011. There was no genital-to-genital contact and I am about 84% sure no fluids were exchanged through hand-to-genital contact. Could this mean the test is not yet definite? Am I being paranoid? Should I pause my woo-hooing? I am sorry for making this so long, I know you must get this a lot and it might sound strange, but this website I feel has made a difference in my life. It has changed my perception of HIV+ people and really helped me through what might be one of the most psychotic periods of my life. I assure you that as soon as I get my first paycheck (I just graduated and I am currently unemployed) I will make the most generous donation I can to your foundation. I will also continue to educate myself on this matter and I promise to never, ever, ever have sex without a rubber again!! In the meantime I am sending you and all of those who make this website possible, all the good vibes, love and virtual hugs possible! Thank you!!!!! Dani

Hey, Dani.

Thanks for your kind comments and appreciating "the many hilarious questions that were followed by even more hilarious answers" on this site! (Not everyone appreciates my admittedly twisted sense of humor!) I'm delighted you found the information here enlightening and reassuring. It's always comforting to hear that the gazillions of words I type and send into cyberspace are actually finding their way to those who need the information!

Regarding your current concern, yes, there are many similar questions already posted in the archives, and I haven't changed my opinion on this topic! Mutual masturbation is not a risk for HIV transmissions. I see no reason for you to interrupt a perfectly valid WOO-HOO celebration! Are you being paranoid? Yep! Stop worrying and let the unbridled WOO-HOO-ing recommence immediately with my complete blessing and "Wizard of Poz certification."

WOO-HOO! Be well. Stay well.

HELP ME DOCTOR!! $ 100 ON THE WAY. DESPERATE FOR ADVICE
Weird fingernail question