Cop needs help!

Hi, thanks for the great website! I had a drunken one nighter with a female of unknown statues that I meet on an online dating site. It was unprotected vaginal intercourse and oral sex. I began to freak out the next day about the whole incident. Two days later Friday had pain in the back of my legs and what seemed to be decreased pressure when urinating. I also noticed a burning at the tip of my penis. I was also extremely dizzy feeling and noticed white puss on my tonsils. I went to the doctor Monday and was positive for strep throat. The next few weeks had an on and off headache (probably from hours and hours of staring at my phone screen reading about HIV symptoms) felt tired (probably from stressing all day about HIV) had some stomach issues like nausea but no abnormal diarrhea and it took two bouts of antibiotics to clear up the strep. Seven days after the incident I was screened for stds and everything was clear. However the clinic didnt test for herpes unless there were active sores present. I believe that I got hsv-2 from her cause I later had an outbreak about 25days after the exposure. I have been completly scared out of my mind about The idea of contracting HIV from the incident. It's been about 33days since the exposure and I haven't had any fever or rash but it did take two rounds of antibiotic to rid myself of strep. I have had a few nights were I wake up sweeting even though the room is cold. I immediately took my temperature and it was below normal. The sweating seems to be just the back of my neck and head. Im not sure if its night sweats or anxiety. I also have swollen lymph nodes in my neck still which were confirmed by a doctor. The strep has been gone for about two weeks but the nodes are still swollen. I also believe that my lymph nodes under my arms are swollen as well cause my arms burn where they are rubbing my sides and my pits are sore. I can't notice anything by looking, but I can feel the nodes in my armpits which seem swollen and tender. Could the herpes cause swollen lymph nodes in my neck or armpits? Also sometimes in the evening I feel like I can't get a full breath of air, like I'm having trouble breathing. been about 33 days now since my night of love and I am completly scared to death. In your opinion is any of this related to early HIV? Or has my anxiety got the best of me? This has consumed my life and mind for weeks and I really think thats whats making me sick! What are the odds that I could be infected by my one night mistake??? Please help! I did ask her about stds and she says she is clean but Im pretty sure that's not true. I do remember her talking a lot about different sexual partners and can't believe I was with her. I guess alcohol isn't good for judgment. Any insight you can offer me would be of great help!

Hello.

Unprotected sex does put you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently testing outside the seroconversion window period is warranted.

Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome.

The CDC's estimated per-act statistical risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive vaginal sex and unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 5 per 10,000 exposures and 0.5 per 10, 000 exposures respectively. Your estimated statistical risk would be less, because we do not know the status of your gal-pal.

Consider talking to your doctor if you are having difficulty with the anxiety induced by having to wait through the seroconversion window period for a definitive HIV test result. Anti-anxiety medications and/or counseling may help.

Good luck!

Phase 2 HIV Infection
There once was a man from Nantucket....