Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please answer,WILL DONATE,asked so many times before but never answered.
Aug 22, 2011

Hi Dr. I have an condom broken incident with a csw in CA about 1 year ago,After about 3-4 weeks I got sick with diar.,fatigue, georaphic tongue,pain in elbow,neck,armpits,ankles and abd, muscles, muscle aches all over the body,sore throat ,stiff neck and also small purple rash on hand.Symptoms stayed for few weeks and keep coming back o and off til now.Also I am having mouth sores,apotjous ulcers in my mout all the time. NOW TESTINGS, Full std panel was done at 9 weeks and all neg.Another HIV test at 6 months neg,another HIV test at 11 months neg. Started having unprotected sex with my regular girl friend now she is having same symptoms that I am having. Please answer my question If I have HIV thet is not detected with tests as yet or any other sort of STD. WILL DONATE,PLEASE ANSWER. THANKS lOPEZ

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello, Lopez.

". . . Apotjous ulcers in my mout. . ."??? Hmm. Something might have gotten lost in the Google translator there. But no matter, because your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 11 months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

I can't diagnose the cause of your and your girlfriend's symptoms over the Internet; however, what I can do with great certainty is advise that based on your last HIV test result you are HIV negative.

I would suggest you and your girlfriend see your doctors for an evaluation of any bothersome or persistent symptoms. Some of your symptoms, Lopez, may be due to guilt and/or anxiety.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV Obsession: Shingles & HPV
Next
Blog post

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.