Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Question from a Kiwi
Aug 20, 2011

Hi Doc

Greetings from New Zealand - did I read that you had been down this way? Hope you had an awesome time.

A quick question - at a strip club I (1) had a lap dance and (2) kissed her cleavage with my dry, chapped lips (which I don't think were bleeding). Later on I saw a stain on my shirt that may have been blood. It's got me thinking about if there was blood elsewhere and maybe unnoticed in her cleavage or on her breasts.

From looking at the forums I think that (1) lap dances are no risk and (2) for my chapped lips to be a problem it would need a whole lot of blood from her or me. Am I right? I just don't understand how an HIV test can be done with a prick of blood but a little spot of blood is not sufficient to pass the virus?

Thanks Doc - you've kept me sane a few times and your humour is great. Appreciate your advice.

Jason Kia Ora! BTW The NZ Aids Foundation does a super job here and sometimes references your site.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey, Jason.

KIA ORA! Yes, I was in New Zealand a few months back and had an absolutely brilliant time. I particularly enjoyed cruising around Dusky, Doubtful and Milford Sounds -- very Middle Earth circa Lord of the Rings!

Your HIV-acquisition risk from your adventures with a Shimmying Sheila at your local Badda Bing is nonexistent.

Testing for HIV is an entirely different mechanism than that involved with HIV transmission.

Relax Max. You're fine and dandy.

By the way I agree with your assessment of the Kiwi AIDS Foundation. I was very impressed with their work while I was in NZ.

Be well Jason.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Only started with Keletra
Next
T-Cell fluctuation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.