Question from a Kiwi

Hi Doc

Greetings from New Zealand - did I read that you had been down this way? Hope you had an awesome time.

A quick question - at a strip club I (1) had a lap dance and (2) kissed her cleavage with my dry, chapped lips (which I don't think were bleeding). Later on I saw a stain on my shirt that may have been blood. It's got me thinking about if there was blood elsewhere and maybe unnoticed in her cleavage or on her breasts.

From looking at the forums I think that (1) lap dances are no risk and (2) for my chapped lips to be a problem it would need a whole lot of blood from her or me. Am I right? I just don't understand how an HIV test can be done with a prick of blood but a little spot of blood is not sufficient to pass the virus?

Thanks Doc - you've kept me sane a few times and your humour is great. Appreciate your advice.

Jason Kia Ora! BTW The NZ Aids Foundation does a super job here and sometimes references your site.

Hey, Jason.

KIA ORA! Yes, I was in New Zealand a few months back and had an absolutely brilliant time. I particularly enjoyed cruising around Dusky, Doubtful and Milford Sounds -- very Middle Earth circa Lord of the Rings!

Your HIV-acquisition risk from your adventures with a Shimmying Sheila at your local Badda Bing is nonexistent.

Testing for HIV is an entirely different mechanism than that involved with HIV transmission.

Relax Max. You're fine and dandy.

By the way I agree with your assessment of the Kiwi AIDS Foundation. I was very impressed with their work while I was in NZ.

Be well Jason.

Only started with Keletra
T-Cell fluctuation