|Does my 7 month old infant need testing? (HUMAN BITE, 2011)
Aug 20, 2011
My 7 month old was bitten twice by a two year old girl twice. After that we picked up my daughter to ensure she would not get bit again. The first bite was on the leg which caused slight surface blood, the second bit on the arm did not (so this is of no concern).
Is it a risk to my daughter if the two year old had hiv and bit my daughter (in terms of the leg bite)?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Is there reason to believe the two-year-old chomping toddler is HIV infected? The HIV-transmission risk from this nibbling nipper is negligible. I would not recommend HIV testing. See link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.