hiv from sex toy

Hello Dr. Frascino, I am writing this letter as a follow up to previous letters because you are the only person I can/have talked to about this.I am very alone in my life right now,scared and embarrassed about this subject matter. I know you are a busy man responding to alot of letters, but it gives me solace that I can confide in someone,even if I don't hear from you,so thank you for listening.I am the fellow who found a sex toy (rubber vagina) in a plastic bag and took it home and used it in a not too logical frame of mind. 2 weeks later,I came down with the full gamut of hiv infection symptoms,which lasted a few weeks. You wrote back saying my infection risk was minimal,but suggested I get a 3 month test. I decided to have a CBC done just to see if there was anything abnormal or of concern.My WBC total was 4.7 thds/cmm and lymphs were 23%.Bands-0%,Monos-7%,Eos-1%,Basos-0%,Polys-69% Are these values of any concern? Should I opt out for an earlier test? Thank you, and God bless.

Hello again, Rubber-Vagina Guy.

A CBC test was not warranted. Your results, not unexpectedly, are perfectly normal. CBC results do not provide information related to possible HIV infection.

Earlier HIV testing (within the seroconversion window period) will not provide a definitively negative result, so why bother?

My assessment and advice haven't changed. See link below.

re: please help me (FLESHLIGHT FEARS, 2011) Aug 4, 2011

Confused about neuropathy and ARS
Does my 7 month old infant need testing? (HUMAN BITE, 2011)