HELP i hope you answer the first time :)

DR. if i ONLY had a test 4th GEN ELISA way after the window period (more than 20 months) can i be a 100% sure i DO NOT have HIV? eve when having constant oral candida and pains? I want to feel sure about having sex with someone i love and pretend to marry, i tested before we had unprotected sex since i KNOW this is serious and he is healthy...but after my symtoms and knowing he also started to have joint/bone pain...i am starting to think i may have received a false negative ( i read a fact sheet here on your site from the CDC about false negatives) AND RUINED HIS LIFE....that worries me the most

How many cases of false negatives have you seen after the window period? ( no more exposures and 4th gen ELISA) **the lab tells me they verify results before handling info to the clients, but this means if there is an ERROR they would know before giving the result?

Hi.

You want to feel sure about having sex with someone you love and "PRETEND" to marry? What???

I see absolutely no reason you should question your negative fourth generation HIV-antibody/p24-antigen test 20 months after your last possible exposure.

Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

Although no one can give you an absolute 100% certainly on your single HIV test result, what I can do is advise that false-negative HIV tests are extremely rare. If you remain so concerned that a CDC fact sheet mentioning false-positive HIV test results is "ruining" your life, why not get a rapid test? The result will undoubtedly be negative, and it should put any residual (unwarranted) worries permanently to rest.

Relax Max. All is well (including you).

Please need your help Sir.
Should I get a PEP starter pack? Young AA male in FL with positive partner