condom slippage

Hi Dr. Bob,

I have been coming to this site for the last ten years. My first post was from September 2001 titled lonely. http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q73292.html

The feedback i received back then really helped and i have continue to play safe but had a recent situation that i'm concerned about.

I have a quick question about condom slippage. I read through your posting regarding this issue and some of the earlier postings from the late 90's and early 2000's. Are these earlier postings from the late 90's and early 2000's still relevant?

I was making out with a guy the other night that is bottom and hiv positive and we proceeded to anal sex with me being negative top. We went after it for about 15 mins and i checked the condom every 2 or 3 mins to make sure it was intact. When i withdrew myself from him i realize the condom had slipped of at some point but i'm not sure if it was while i was inside him or at the point of withdrawl from him. I put on a new condom and then finished the act about 5 mins later and then washed up. He said he is undetectable for many years.

I probably wasn't inside him longer than a minute or two had the condom came off while i was thrusting. Is this something i should be highly concerned with? I will get tested but i'm becoming very anxious about this and could really use some recent feedback. I didn't see any blood on the condom or anywhere else for that matter but i am uncut.

please help.

Hello.

See link below for a very similar scenario. My assessment and advice remain unchanged.

internet dating Aug 17, 2011

RE: Medical Intern with possible exposure
Sucker for a large appendage