Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: Medical Intern with possible exposure
Aug 18, 2011

Dear Dr. Bob,

Sorry to bother you again but I am writing this message and all my limbs are numb because of anxiety. It's been few days(almost 6 days) since I started feeling mild sore throat. This sore throat, i barely feel it during the day usually but I feel it reaaly bad whenever I have anxiety episode Today, I was looking at my throat and I noticed two tiny white dots on one of my throats. I don't have fever or any other symptom. Can this be a presentation for acute retroviral syndrome. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, New Intern

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello, New Intern.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome. Rather, they are most consistent with anxiety.

Considering you have chosen to become a physician, I would suggest you get a handle on your HIV fears now before they begin to have a negative effect on your career. Counseling with a licensed mental health professional could help you confront your unwarranted worries as well as get better control your anxiety.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Medical Intern with possible exposure Aug 2, 2011

Previous
re- Mutual Masturbation and scared! Please help!
Next
condom slippage

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.