Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Piss enema + HIV jizz?
Aug 18, 2011

Hey hey!

I am a little worried.... I got a bit drunked (And drugged) one night with a friend of mine who is HIV+. He wanted to piss up my rectum, and knowing that urine doesnt carry HIV i let him. But then i got a bit carried away and let him cum in me, thinking that the sterile urine would kill the HIV virus. Now i'm not so sure. Is is possible to contract HIV through this way? Please answer back asap.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello.

You thought sterile urine pissed into your butt would kill HIV so you let your positively charged buddy pop his cork in your backdoor? WOWZA. Just how "drunked" and drugged were you?

Urine does not kill HIV, and anal receptive barebacking with a virally enhanced dude is extremely risky. You have reason to be more than "a little worried."

You ask if it's possible to contract HIV this way. The answer is absolutely. In fact it's the riskiest thing you can do sexually to acquire the virus. If this incident occurred less than 72 hours ago, you should begin a 28-day course of post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) immediately. If more than 72 hours have lapsed, you should get HIV tested now as a baseline and repeat HIV testing at the three- and six-month marks. If you being to develop symptoms of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS), such as fever, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, rash, muscle aches and pains, and other flu-like symptoms, you should get an Aptima HIV-1 RNA Qualitative Assay test. This nucleic acid amplification test can detect HIV infection sooner than standard HIV-antibody tests and has recently been approved by the FDA for HIV-diagnostic test purposes.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
More Information on Fist-Bump
Next
re- Mutual Masturbation and scared! Please help!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.