Medical clearance and disclosure of HIV
Aug 17, 2011
if i needed medical clearance for surgery or any medical procedure, Does my primary care have to disclose my HIV status?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, your primary care doctor can and should confidentially share your HIV-positive status with the rest of your health care team. This would be for your benefit. Discuss your concerns with your HIV specialist. He can advise you how to keep your medical information confidential while assuring that those who need to know do.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Can't You Do With Herpes?
- What Can You Take After You Have Shingles To Keep From Getting It Again?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Vitamins For Bacterial Vaginosis
- Vaginitis Can You Get Bladder Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.