Strenuous Exercise

Hi Dr. bob, thank you for all the wonderful work that you do. I am HIV+ and almost 65. I take Atripla. Almost 5 years ago, I had a full blown case of AIDS. I am proud to report that my current CD4 is 923 (41%), viral load is undetectable, liver and kidney function are in the normal ran ge as are the rest of the labs. Would a strenuous exercise program wreak havoc on my immune system or further bolster it. By that I mean cardio, aerobics, Push ups, resistance training, and yoga. I am in reasonably good shape and I have a good attitude. However, I would like to lose about 10 lbs. and jumpstart my metabolism. I am female. a

I'm a strong proponent of a regular and vigorous exercise program. It will not "wreak havoc on your immune system." Nor will it significantly bolster it, although exercise is certainly beneficial to overall good health including immune-health. And, of course, the best reason of all to exercise is that it makes us look better naked.

See ya at the gym!

Urgent ! Should I stop my PEP?
RE: 4th time i ask, PLEASE, lets this be the one, will donate, final questions