women to men transmission rate

I know what they said in 2008, but in 2011 I have head that transmission rate from woman to man, when the woman is on antivirals and have an undectible viral load the transmission rate is nill. I would like feedback

Hi.

Being on effective combination antiretroviral therapy significantly decreases the risk of HIV transmission, but it doesn't eliminate it. It's worth noting that plasma viral load may transiently increase unexpectedly for a wide variety of reasons, including intercurrent illnesses and vaccinations. There is also the possibility that the viral load in the cervical fluids is different than the viral load measured in the blood. The bottom line is that despite effective antiretroviral therapy, condoms are still recommended for penetrative sex. You can read more about this topic in the archives of this forum. Have a look!

Stay safe(r). Stay well.

HIV from a Fist Bump -- Possible?? --- Dr. Bob... I Donate to your Foundation Regularly.
Thinking of going off meds for a while