The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

its about my son..please help

Aug 15, 2011

I am mail had unprotected vaginal sex for few minutes with someone probably positive. i had pain under my arms, neck, high alkaline phosphate, mouth soares, painful white spots on the edge of my tongue. i tested neg. at 3 weeks, 6 months and 9 months, two years ( ELISA ) . i already know your answer but please help me. after the original incident i had sex with my wife and she was pregnant ( i had lots of regret and i have been feeling guilty since), now my son who is 4.5 yrs has recurrent parotitis. Please tell me : Could my tests be false neg. due to any reason? If no, what could be the reason for his reccurent parotitis ( 4 times in 19 months)?

Thank you very much doctor. you are my life savor.

Response from Dr. Frascino


1. Your repeatedly negative HIV ELISA tests out to two years are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted.

2. There are a number of reasons for recurrent parotitis in kids, both infectious (various viruses) and noninfectious (autoimmune conditions, trauma, etc.). Your son's pediatrician should be able to evaluate this for you.

Your biggest problems is guilt (". . . I have been feeling guilty since"). I'd suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Dr. Bob

Concerned from possible exposer with CSW
Sorry about the discrepancy in my history!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint