Atripla and 81mg aspirin

Dr Bob,

I just started treatment with Atripla less than a month ago. I have been taking a 81mg aspirin daily for several years. Should I stop the aspirin, as I read there may be interactions between it and the Atripla?

Thanks for your advice, Mike

Hi, Mike.

Taking aspirin while on Atripla is fine for most HIVers. The worry is with the tenofovir component of Atripla (drug interaction and possible kidney damage). Your small dose (81 mg) of aspirin shouldn't be a problem, but do advise your HIV specialist you are on it so that he can monitor for side effects or toxicities.

please I will borrow allot of money to come to the US for visiting a DR should i do?
Red circle/spot in Banana bought near hiv test centre