Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help Me
Aug 13, 2011

Hey good doctor I must compliment you on the work that you do.You are my last resort because I have no one to talk to because I would be ridicule as to where I am from homsexuality is look down upon and I can be killed for such a lifstyle. My story to you is that I had sex with my boyfriend two months ago unprotected as he said he was hiv negative as I had seen his results.I am also negative as well.Two weeks later he was not feeling well and his doctor did another hiv test on him an he was positive. I did not ejaculated in him.We had sex twice in that night but I was not bruise or anything nor he was.Since then every week I have been doing hiv test and it has come back negative.I did the rapid test an also the ELISA test.I have been experiencing sharp pains in different parts of my body,under my arms,under my chin an muscles pains,under my feet and inside my palm of my hands.The pain comes an goes.My lymph nodes dont hurt but the pain move throughout my body.I am not on meds but I am a healthy person as well I am experiencing acute belly pains for a month an more.My diet is normal but I am very stressed.I read your articles where top a top is hardly likely could get infected but the possibilty arises as well.Do you think my chances of being infected is high risk despite my many hiv test thus far up to 8 weeks came back negative...Please answer me sir because doing hiv tests in my country is very expensive and also meds..Please sir give me some form of information. Thanks in advance

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

You can be killed for being gay? What an enlightened country you live in! By the way being gay is not a lifestyle; it's a sexual orientation. Choosing to be a hateful bigoted scumbag who would consider harming another human being due to his or her sexual orientation, now that's a lifestyle (because it is a choice!).

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend's recent HIV diagnosis. I hope your country is more tolerant of HIV disease than it is of homosexuality (but I fear that might not be the case). If you had unprotected sex with your boyfriend, you are at some degree of risk for acquiring HIV. Because your boyfriend apparently didn't know about his positive status, I'm assuming he was not on antiretroviral drugs. This could mean his viral load was high, which would increase his infectiousness. That you have tested HIV negative out to eight weeks is encouraging. The vast majority of HIVers will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibody in their blood (seroconvert) within four to six weeks after exposure. Regarding further testing, the guidelines suggest you retest at the three- and six-month marks.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried if am having ARS symptons
Next
please I will borrow allot of money to come to the US for visiting a DR should i do?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.