Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV/HCV 6 month antibody negative 36 weeks pregnant HELP!
Aug 13, 2011

Dr. Bob, I had unprotected sex on December 28th 2010. I have tested 27 weeks HCV antibody negative and 30 weeks HIV antibody negative. I just need to know if that is conclusive? I am concerned about the whole co-infection between the two infections delaying antibody response. Is my testing enough? I am trying everything to protect my unborn baby. So the question is am I done testing? And can I put this horrible mistake behind me? Am I able to scream at the top of my lungs whaoooo!!! Is my testing for both infections conclusive know that 6 months have passed? Thank you for your time. I know your advice will put my mind at ease. I would also like to make a donation to your cause. Please give me the info so I can do so. Again thank you!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

Your negative HCV-antibody test at 27 weeks and negative HIV-antibody test at 30 weeks are both conclusive, definitive and WOO-HOO-able. No additional testing for HIV or HCV is recommended. Your fears regarding possible delayed seroconversion are unwarranted.

Can you put this horrible mistake behind you? Absofrickenlutely. Yell WOO-HOO and put those fears permanently to rest, okay?

Thanks for your interest in supporting The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck. WOO-HOO!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Extremely Worried Oral Exposure - PEP? Please answer soon
Next
Elisa Positve, WB Indeterminate

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.