Unprotected Oral and HIV Duo Test.

Hi there, Im 30 yr old male and hoping you can help me with my problem. A few months back i frequented with a few female escorts/callgirls in the UK. On both occasions i had protected penetrative sex and received unprotected oral sex. Thu unprotected oral sex had me extremely anxious and went for an Hiv Duo Test at 29 days which returned a negative result. Now last few weeks and lots of reading on internet, I am extremely worried about my exposure that it has been on my mind constantly. I feel like im going insane and regret doing what i did. It will never happen again. What are realistic chances of catching HIV this way and should i pay for another test at 3 months or have i nothing to worry about??? Thanks

Hello.

Protected hooker sex is indeed "protected," assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not fail (break). The HIV-acquisition risk from unprotected oral sex is very low.

A negative HIV DUO Test at 29 days is encouraging, but not definitive. You will need to retest at the three-month mark or longer to get a definitive HIV-antibody test result. The statistical odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not acquire the virus from your sexperience with the UK escorts.

Good luck. Be well.

Reasons for False Positive results
Accuracy of HIV Antibody Tests from 2008?