Belly, belly, belly, belly, belly! Donation coming your way!

Hi Dr!

I've search high and low for an answer and although I have found similar ones, I haven't found one that is specific enough to make me feel better.

My belly has been pierced for 10 years now but sometimes it's gets sore and needs a good cleaning. Well, a big spider scared me and down the drain went the ball to hold on my ring in. (True story, it was a wolfe spider! scary!)

In a panic (IDK why I was in a panic) I grab a container with my belly rings in it and put one in. Relieved, I realized that I had grab a belly ring that my friend gave me a few years back that I forgot to throw out. (no sharing)

The rings have been kept in a tupperware (spelling?) container for a few years so they have had limited to no air exposure.

So here is the million dollar question - is it possible that if she had HIV that it could have stayed on that ring, in this air tight container for the last few years and I just stupidly exposed myself?

My question sounds dumb when I re-read it :-) so I would send a donation your way!

Thank you! I appreciate your time and all your work!

Hi.

You can relax. HIV doesn't survive very long at all outside the body and certainly would never survive in Tupperware for a few years! I see absolutely no cause for concern or consideration for HIV testing.

Oh, and by the way, the belly bling looks totally hot.

Be well.

Too big for the condom?
Successful treatment for HCV - can i be reinfected?